Owner Relations FAQ

Owner Relations Contact Information

Attn: Ursa Owner Relations
950 17th St., Suite 1900
Denver, CO 80202
E-mail: UrsaOwner@ursaresources.com
Office: (720) 508-8350
Please request an Owner Relations representative.


We have established a single point of contact for Owner Relations questions not answered here. If you have special requests, or your questions are not answered on this website, please give us a call, write us, or send an email. An effort is made to answer each call immediately. However, you may get our voicemail. If so, please leave us a detailed message and remember to include your phone number so we can return your call.

What are your hours?

We typically have representatives answering the line from 9:00-11:30 and 12:30-3:00 Central Standard time. If all of our representatives are busy or unavailable, you will be directed to our automated answering system. Please leave a message and we will call you back. Please be sure to leave your name (owner number if available) and correct phone number on the message along with any other pertinent information like county, area, well name, etc..

How do I notify Ursa of a change in my address?

You can complete, print and sign the change of address form found on this website (Download Change of Address Form Here) and mail or email it to Ursa Owner Relations. The address and email are listed above. Even if you do not receive a check or detail in the mail, please send us your address change so that we will have your most recent address in the event we need to send out any type of notification.

Why does the amount of my royalty payment change from month to month?

Changing market conditions can cause fluctuations in prices received for your production. This can vary greatly from month to month. Mechanical and/or other operating problems or routine maintenance may temporarily affect the amount of production if the well must be taken off line for a period of time. Also, as properties age, there is the normal trend toward declining production. If you have reason to believe an error has occurred, please contact us.

Why is Ursa making adjustments?

There are various reasons why adjustments might be made to your royalty payment. For example, we were provided incorrect production figures or pricing from the transporter or gatherer of production. Or, perhaps we found an error in the set up of our records and we are correcting them. Ursa attempts to disburse properly -when we find an error, we try to correct it. This can affect an owner's check positively or negatively. Our goal is to properly account for the volume and pricing in accordance with your Lease Agreement and state statutes.

What options are available for receiving revenue and revenue detail?

Check/Hard copy detail (mailed) - current

Direct Deposit of revenue/hard copy detail (mailed) – this option will be available shortly

What should I do if I don't get my check?

Due to potential postal delays, a check might arrive in the mail a few days late. If 10 days have passed from the date you normally receive your check, please give us a call. We will be able to verify whether a check was issued and, if not, the reason why. Also, we can advise you if any further action is required.

Does Ursa offer Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer)?

We are adding this service in the near future due to the acquisition of our Piceance interests. Please check back for updates.

What do I do when the owner of record passes away?

Notify Ursa of the demise of the owner of record. Please provide a copy of the death certificate, copy of the Will of the deceased and documentation from the Court evidencing who has been appointed as the Personal Representative of the Estate. Once this documentation is received, we will review it and advise you if any additional documentation is required. If the interest is owned as joint tenants with the right of survivorship, we will only need a copy of the death certificate.

How do I change my name on your records if I get married/divorced?

Please provide us with a copy of your marriage certificate if you get married and a copy of the divorce decree evidencing your change of name if you get divorced. If your name has been changed by Court Order, please provide us with a copy of the Order.

How do I put my interest into a Trust?

We recommend that you contact your personal attorney to assist you in this matter. In addition to a Trust Agreement, you will need a deed or assignment from yourself, individually, to the trust. This document will need to be filed of record in the county where the property is located.

How do I notify Ursa of a change in Trustee?

Please send a copy of the document evidencing the appointment of the successor trustee.

What do I do if I want to transfer my ownership to someone else?

We recommend that you contact your personal attorney to assist you in preparing a deed or assignment. This document must be filed of record in the county where the property is located.

I would like to add my spouse to my account. How do I do this?

Because a mineral interest is real property, you will need to have a deed or assignment prepared from you, individually, to you and your spouse. This will need to be filed of record in the county where the property is located.

I found my name on a list for Abandoned Properties put out by the State, what do I do?

You will need to contact the number published in the news publication to get the monies from the State because once monies are turned over to the State of the last known address, it is a matter between the State and you as the claimant. However, we may have monies still remaining in your account, so call our hotline to inquire. A representative will advise you what to do if there are monies remaining for your account. A helpful website is www.naupa.com, which contains the unclaimed property records of participating states (not all states participate).

How long will it take Ursa to respond to my correspondence?

We attempt to reply to every letter within 30 business days of the receipt of your letter. It could be longer, depending upon the volume and complexity of mail received. E-mails are typically responded to within two to three working days. If the information requested in the e-mail must be researched, it will be passed on to an analyst to be reviewed and responded to. We attempt to reply to phone messages within 24 hours of receipt during the business week.

Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

A valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number must be provided to Ursa for reporting and identification purposes. If it is not, the IRS requires withholding of 28% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided.

How long does it take for a transfer of interest to occur?

If the correct documentation is received by Ursa by the 10th of the month, the transfer/change will be processed in that month’s business. If the correct documentation is received after the 10th of the months, the transfer/change will be processed in the next month’s business. Sending incorrect or insufficient documentation will further delay requests for change.


Go to top